Hello all,

This morning at 8:00 a.m., Cathy Badger, Hannah Maciver and I observed a
second year male Summer Tanager in the "old" Long Point Provincial Park
campground in the vicinity of campsite #270. It was feeding on highbush
cranberry together with a couple of Gray Catbirds and numerous Cedar
Waxwings. You can see one of my photos of him here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/114879448663969001114/FieldOfView#5745144981788798674

I think James Holdsworth might have had this bird last week so any birders
in the area probably have a reasonable chance of re-finding it.

Regards,
Robert Maciver

Directions: Long Point is situated on the north shore of Lake Erie near the
community of Port Rowan. From downtown Port Rowan travel west on Front St.
to the intersection with Long Point Rd. Turn left on Long Point Rd. and
travel approx. 3 km to where Long Point Rd. curves left and becoming Erie
Blvd. Travel approx. 2 km and watch for the "old" Long Point P.P. on your
right. Travel the length of the park and turn right on Abigail Becker Pkwy
where you will see a parking lot on your right. Park your car and backtrack
on foot along the campground road that parallels Erie Blvd. Campsite #270
will be on your left approx. 100 m from the parking lot.