Hi all,

I toured Lake St. Clair area this morning to Lighthouse Cove. Lots of ducks and gulls are there to see. Out on the ice I counted at least 27 BALD EAGLES. The vast majority were immatures. I had a report several days ago that 29 were seen near the St. Clair NWA. I do not recall this many Bald Eagles around here at one time!

Hundreds of gulls present at the mouth of the Thames including around 10 GLAUCOUS and an apparent adult Greater Black-backed X Herring Gull. Other notable waterbirds included a Horned Grebe, American Coot and at least 6 Double-crested Cormorants.

On the way back to Chatham, I noticed a pure flock of 20 Snow Geese setting down in a corn field about 1 km east of the St. Peter's Church (east of Jeannette's Creek). The flock was about half and half white and blue morph.

Many Lapland Longspurs along the roadsides today. The first group I had was about 15. I saw several others mixed in with Snow Buntings and Horned Larks.

Lighthouse Cove location:
If you travel by highway 401, exit at Tilbury and travel on hwy 2 (Mill St./Queen's Line) to the main intersection in Tilbury. Turn north on Baptiste Rd. and go several km to t-intersection at Tecumseh Rd. Turn left and travel until you get to Lighthouse Cove Rd.(#39). Travel #39 to the village.

Cheers,

Blake A. Mann
Wallaceburg, Chatham-Kent
boatmannATkentDOTnet