Still lots to see, but gull numbers are far less than a couple of weeks ago. A high proportion of Glaucous Gulls are still on the river and I counted 31 from Sombra to Corunna this morning (did not check Sarnia!). The highest number of GLAUCOUS was off Guthrie Park north of Corunna. Here I found yet another apparent "Nelson's" Gull for the winter. It was an adult, but different than the one on the 27th January at Lambton Generating Station (LGS) as today's had darker primary tips. That makes at least four on the river in the last month!

One first cycle LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL was off Guthrie today and one KUMLIEN'S ICELAND (ad.).

One KUMLIEN'S first cycle is still hanging around LGS.

Lots of duck rafts to sort through, but nothing new of late.
Every day is different!

Directions to Sombra and St. Clair River:  Find Hwy 40 that runs N/S between
Wallaceburg and Sarnia.  Turn west on Lambton Rd. 2 (Bentpath Line) and take
to Sombra on the St. Clair River.  Fawn Island is just to the south of the
village.  The St. Clair Parkway (Rd. 33) follows the river along its length.
Guthrie Park  is at the north end of Corunna.

Cheers,

Blake A. Mann
Wallaceburg, Chatham-Kent
boatmannATkentDOTnet