Tonight in the pouring rain I setup at Niagara-on-the-Lake to count the Little
Gull/Bonaparte's gulls flyby

Highlights:

Black-headed Gull was observed flying out of the river at 6:55pm with a flock
of bonnies. At 7:23 it flew up river close to shore with a small flock of
Bonnies. The bird appeared to be mostly moulted into breeding plummage. There
were a small number of bonnies in a similiar stage of moult as well tonight.

Little Gulls
90 adults were observed leaving the river tonight with 2/3rds leaving the river
after 7pm. Most were flying as lone birds within Bonnie flocks.

Bonaparte's Gulls
7905 birds were observed leaving the river. This is an undercount, for the
evening flyby was well on it way when I arrived at 530pm, and flocks of Bonnies
were still leaving the river after I stopped counting at 8pm due to
weather/light conditions.

Harlequin Ducks
2 females were observed flying out of the river at 7pm.

Other highlights:
1 immature Glaucous Gull
1 Adult Lesser Black-backed Gull
1 Caspian Tern

3 coots leaving the river just before 8pm
114 White-winged Scoters drifting out to the lake.
2000+ Long-tailed Ducks  There was flock after flock were leaving river all
during the 2.5 hrs I was there.

Directions.
Queens Royal Park is situated on Front st. at the mouth of the river in
Niagara-on-the-Lake

Tyler Hoar.