Hey Folks,

Earlier today, myself and Kyle Holloway had nine Black Vultures near the
Queenston boat ramp in Niagara.

We originally saw them kettling (without Turkey Vultures!) on the US side
and eventually they flew across the river and roosted with about a
half-dozen Turkey Vultures on the Canadian side. We drove to the Queenston
lookout on the Niagara Parkway and walked about 100 m south of the parking
area on the road to a little area with a bench overlooking the gorge and
were able to view the birds very well at eye-level.

We tried for the booby later in the day but were not successful, however
there were still many cormorants around and they seemed to favour the rocky
beach near Donnelly's Pier where it was more sheltered but alas harder to
view. There was one very bizarre-looking leucistic cormorant amongst the
hordes.

We did have two Little Gulls here amongst the swarm of Bonaparte's feeding
on shiners, and a juvenile Peregrine did a fly-by. Lots of ducks as well,
including several Black Scoters.

Good Birding,

Lev Frid