Near the end of a rather rainy day at SCNWA and Mitchell Bay area, Penny, Emily
and I decided to drive up the river to try for the King Eider but could not
locate it.  As I was scanning the gulls, ducks etc flying upriver a juvenile
Sabine's Gull flew into my scope view - the closest I've ever seen. I yelled it
immediately and Lance A. and his companion jumped out of their car to join me.
We enjoyed this bird for several minutes from ~ 4.20 pm.  A wonderful way to
end a  rather dreary day.   Cheers!     Maris

Directions - North of Hwy # 402 last  exit, turn left at Victoria(1 north of
Michigan) and west to Fort St turning right to parking lot.

Maris Apse 10094 Red Pine Rd, Box 22 BOP, RR 2 Grand Bend  ON  N0M 1T0