Hello,
Twice in the past week, I've observed a goshawk at the Spit. Once was a
fly-by and a landing in the distance (1 week ago), and yesterday, I saw it
briefly perched in a tree. It then flew off, tree to tree, just as a
goshawk typically does.  I was pointed to Howard Shapiro's IDing of the
goshawk on eBirds and my only contrary comment would be it's size. I
thought it was larger than a red tailed hawk.

There were many other birds of note at the Spit, including your usual
suspects, plus two peregrine falcons that spent a lot of time chasing each
other around the west side of the Spit, and two northern shrikes.

Pictures of the goshawk can be found here:

Possible juvenile: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrsharp-photo/11574575746/

Goshawk in flight (1 week ago):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrsharp-photo/11443943705/

The Leslie Spit is in Toronto. Drive south on Leslie until you get wet.