This morning Ian Cannell, Jay Peterson and I birded the morning in the Whitby
area stopping at Thickson Woods after 8 am and at the south end (lake side) we
found 3 singing Pine Warblers and on the lake were approx. 200 Red-necked
Grebes.

Directions

THICKSON WOODS IN WHITBY

  If driving east from Toronto on Hwy 401 then exit at Thickson Road (Exit 412)
and turn right (south). Drive along Thickson Road S across Victoria Street E.
and Wentworth Street W to the end of the road and at the Waterfront Trail
(right side of the road) is a small parking lot.

Park there and you could either bird down Corbett Ave. to the lake or you could
walk the short distance back up (north) on Thickson Road S (140 meters / 150
yards) to the eastern section of the Waterfront Trail (yellow gate).

You can bird your way down to the entrance to Thickson Woods, the entrance to
the woods is on the south side of the trail and the entrance to the meadow is
on the opposite side or you can bird further down the road to the creek and
then return to the woods entrance.

Norm Murr
Richmond Hill
Ontario, Canada