As of 8:30 this morning the Franklin’s Gull had just flown off Bronte Beach to
the west. Early in the morning the bird was on the west Bronte pier where I
found it yesterday. The arrival of fishermen displaced all the birds. The gull
was found again on Bronte Beach just west the mouth of Bronte Creek. The light
was much better early this morning than yesterday...that`s my excuse and I am
sticking to it.

The entire family of Red-necked Grebes (four young & two adults) were present
at their nest site. Yesterday when I checked there was only a lone youngster.

Directions to Bronte Beach: Exit QEW at Bronte Road (Oakville), go south to
Lakeshore Road and turn right. Immediately after crossing Bronte Creek turn
left on West River then turn left toward the boat launch. The beach is nearby.

Directions to the Red-necked Grebe site: Take Bronte Road to its end then turn
left on Ontario Street. It is just east of the restaurant.

Gavin Edmondstone
Bronte
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gavin_edmondstone
I will add some new gull photo later today.