Today was the last day of the Raptorwatch for 2014 and not a bad one as you
shall see. If you 're wondering where we go next, its gulls. Funny how you
deride gulls at a hawkwatch. In fact we had a rule that if you saw a gull and
called it as a real bird you had to buy coffee for everyone on the hill. Sort
of a rite of passage for novice hawkers plus we old guys need the coffee.
Ahh, but come tomorrow! We'll be standing with our telescopes 2 rows deep
leaning over the roiling waters of Adam Beck gawking at those very same gulls.
"Oh look" I'll cry cheerfully,"There's a phase 2 or is it 3 Iceland down there
next to the nonbreeding Bonaparte's!" Good thing there's no place to buy coffee.
We'll be coming out with totals (hawks, that is)and a wrap-up as soon as we
get back from Niagara. Meanwhile, back at the Hill:

Sharpshin      2
Coopers          1
N.Goshawk     1
Red Shoulder  2
Red Tail            17
Rough leg        1
Peregrine          1
Unid. Eagle         1

Total                 26

Get in touch with the TOC  mailto:c...@torontobirding.ca?subject=Christmas Bird
Count and sign up for a route. Its a blast and we'll see you there!

Good Birding
Tim Mccarthy