Hello Birders -

Around 3 pm today I had the oddest sounding crow on top of a lamp post in the
Longo's parking lot, Bayview Avenue north of Steeles.  It had a high-pitched
caw and other vocalizations which were nothing like the usual hoarse caw-caw of
the American Crow.  It sounded very like other Fish Crows I have heard but
unfortunately there were no American Crows around for comparison.  It called
for a few minutes then flew north onto the railroad line which runs east-west
just north of the parking lot.  I will try for a better ID tomorrow.

Late post because I wanted to listen to several versions of the call, then real
life intervened.

Directions - from 401 in Toronto take Bayview Avenue north past Steeles to
Laureleaf; turn right - the Longo's parking lot is the first left.

Joyce Collier-Brown,
North York