Hi birders:
 Today we had our Riverwood Conservancy biweekly bird hike starting at JC
SADDINGTON park, at the lake south of Lakeshore blvd on Mississauga rd.
Highlites..
   - 13 Common Redpolls , 25 m east of main parking lot feeding on Alder cones
behind a row of Cedars, south of kids playground. All were ssp flammea flammea
    -1 Pine Siskin mixed in with Redpolls, Am. Robin, WB Nuthatch, etc. etc.
   - 1 White-winged Scoter, hard to see with all the ice on the lake; Common &
Red-breasted Mergansers, plus many other common diving  and dabbling ducks, and
3 species only of Laridae -Gulls
*********************************
At the Lakeside Promenade, SE of Cawthra & Lakeshore bld, we found
  -1 female Snowy Owl, sitting on the 2nd most easterly dock at the marina a,
best seen from main parking lot west of the Marina. All had excellent scope
view and pics were taken.
---110 Redheads mostly in bay, 3 Gadwall, 45 Greater Scaup, 2 Lesser Scaup, A
Leucistic Mallard, many other Diving and dabbling ducks
--- only 3 species of gulls in different plumages!
Many American Crows, but no Ravens today ( Ravens have been  at the base of
park and on Hydro Rd, fide per Dave Pryor ). AND, definitely  NO ...NADA...NO
fish crows...but we will keep looking!

Cheers for now.. Spring is coming. Next outing will be February 25 Starting at
JC SADDINGTON Park, 8:30 am. More blackbirds and landbirds along with
waterbirds will have moved in. Join us..it is open to the public.

Luc Fazio

Sent from my iPad