Hey,
I had a wildly optimistic Killdeer at Pittock today, along the north shore east
of the park. This date blows away my previous early record for the county by 15
days.
Also present were 8 Tundra Swan, on the ice near the lake mid-point. These
birds also represent a new early arrival record, although their movement may
have been only 50 km or so, given the numbers that have overwintered along the
Erie shore. 120 Common Merganser were also newly arrived.
Directions - take 59 Hwy to Pittock Park Road, park at the gates and walk in.
Cheers, James Holdsworth, Biological Consulting Services14 Marian St, RR#1
Woodstock, jmholdswo...@rogers.com