We decided to try for the trifecta of rare geese late today thanks to Ron
Ridout and Len Manning for your work at finding and reporting!!  At #2936
Lakeshore Rd Port Rowan (Long Point), 4:15 we managed to see 3 Snow Geese
waaaaay in the distance in the field above the narrow waterway while struggling
to keep our scope from blowing away.  Ron Ridout graciously confirmed them to
be the Snow Geese and not the Ross's.  Many Sandhill Cranes were also visible.
No Greater White-fronted Goose visible to us.  We then headed west on Lakeshore
and just west of #2231 a flock of 13 white birds erupted from a field.  When
they landed we scoped them and determined them to be Ross's! Awesome to see
that many at once!!! They took flight, moved around quite a bit and eventually
re-settled across from #2131at 4:45 where we had even better views of them.
Ron and another birder also had views to confirm them to be the Ross's.

Anyone trying for these birds should try driving the area along Lakeshore
between Gore and West Quarter Line and Concession A.  The birds seemed to be
moving around quite a bit.Pics on our ebird report
http://ebird.org/ebird/canada/view/checklist?subID=S27287173

Directions - Hwy 24 - take #59 to Long Point - Right on Lakeshore.
Good luck!  Hoping we get a Greater White-fronted Goose soon!  Our 4th
attempt....

ellen and jerry horak
www.thesustainabilityadventure.blogspot.com