Hi folks,

Bruce Di Labio got news about this bird and four of us went to see and
photograph it this morning. This bird has been coming to a hummingbird
feeder at 400 Bayview Drive Constance bay since October 20th. The bird can
only be viewed from the beach side of the house. There is a boat
launch/fire lane access to the beach near 386 Bayview Drive where you can
park. Walk down to the beach, turn left, walk down to the green house with
a deck with flowers and a hummingbird feeder, 5th house. Stay on the beach
and please do not enter the property under any circumstances. It is best to
view from an angle near their cedar hedges. In addition to good views, this
means observers are not looking directly into the house.

I have posted 10 photos on the ebird list below that give various angles
and poses. To me, it looks like it has all of the features of
Black-chinned, but I have never sat down and tried to work out a female
BCHU/RTHU before. I have seen a lot but I guess I have not watched
carefully enough. I see a long-bill, gray crown, long wings, short tail and
broad, curved P10. Looking forward to hearing what you folks have to say.

Jeff

--
Jeff Skevington, Research Scientist
Canadian National Collection of Insects, Arachnids and Nematodes