Hi folks..... ( thanks to Reuven for posting the Western Grebe for me...see
below for Jack Darling Park Location, just west of Lorne Park)
  While doing an IBA count ( for Birds Studies Canada) on a lovely clear day
this morning  I found
   1) Western Grebe, at first off SW of private Lorne Park Estate. But easily
seen from the second parking lot in Jack Darling Park. When I left Reuven was
on it around 10:15 am.  Visibility is great, but scope would help.
   2) Eared Grebe, off the western end of Ben Machree .. ( winter plumaged
bird). Go south on Maple from Lakeshore Rd. At the lake turn west to Ben
Machree Rd. Park and walk to Lake, at the edge of Rhododendron Park. EAGR was
all alone past a few RNGR..scope necessary.
    3) literally hundreds of Red-necked Grebes, just about anywhere, most
concentration was at Wateredge Park, from Lakeshore Rd go south on Meadow wood
to lake. West of Rattray Marsh.
    4) A few Horned Grebes, in various plumages, all along the Lake. SAddington
Park, Lakefront Promenade, Rattray Marsh ( too much water in it) on the lake,
etc.
     5) one Pied-billed Grebe, at Lakefront Promenade, NE of Marina. From
Lakeshore Rd, east of Cathwra , go south on Lakefront Promenade all the way to
Marina.
     Other birds of interest..
      Ravens.  2 just east of Lorne Park Estate., and one at Lakefront
Promenade eastern section.
      36 Bonaparte's Gulls, at Saddington Park ( Mississauga Rd at the Lake)
       2 Yellow-rumped Warblers, many GC Kinglets, 3 eastern Phoebes, 1 Barn &.
few Tree Swallows, RS Towhee  & 2 Mockingbirds ( at Lakefront Promenade), etc.
etc.
  Get out there enjoy!..watch out for dogs and cyclists.

LUc Fazio

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message: