Just after 5 p.m. on Friday I found a first basic Lark Sparrow at Birch Point
about 5 km west of South Baymouth on the Lake Huron shoreline. Location is on
private land and can be accessed only by boat or walking (rugged stretches!)
along the public shoreline allowance from the ferry terminal at South Baymouth.
On Sunday we had a brief visit buy a Black-backed Woodpecker to our property
here. Other highlights this week have included massive thrush migration on a
couple of nights (mostly Swainson's with a few Gray-cheeks), good numbers of
warblers, pipits, and the annual September buildup of Red-necked Grebes and
Common Loons offshore.
Good birding!
Jarmo Jalava

Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.