A beautiful calm day is attracted lots of people over to the island.  Still 2.5
feet deep but many people are going over without waders of any kind.  I saw 14
species of Shorebird, including the godwit and buff-breasted and a golden
plover first thing.  With all the people now some of the birds have flushed but
have probably not gone far.  The godwit is still showing well in the pond.  If
people stay to the gravel berms to view and not go into the vegetation side of
the pond I think it will stay.  Also a rumour that someone saw the
yellow-headed blackbird but I did not.

Cheers

David

David Bree