Well it hasn't been a banner year at the lagoons.  High water levels have kept
away the shorebirds.  I visited again today and found the following:

1000+ Geese - mostly Canadas but I would not be surprised at a few cacklers in
the group

1 Snow Goose

3 Gallinules

Multiple Mallards, Teal amd Wood Ducks

A few Red wings

On the way home went down Rae Road west from Ramsay 8th which is the road
beside the lagoons.  Found 2 Sandhills in amongst Canadas in the field north of
Rae west of Ramsay 8th.

The lagoons can be found by going to Almonte west of Ottawa then go west on
Wolf Grove Road where it meets Cty Rd 29 on west side of Almonte.  First
crossroads is Ramsay 8th turn right and go a few 100ms to MVFN trail sign.
Follow the trail to the viewing stand.  Stay on the trail as the rest is
private.

cheers

Iain