Avocet still on south beach in cell 2 as of 12:15 p.m. when I left. There were
also several American Wigeon, Gadwalls, Northern Pintails (male flew off but
still two females), Northern Shovelers, Bufflehead, Green-winged Teal, Lesser
Scaup, Ring-necked Ducks, Hooded Mergansers, couple of Wood Ducks, American
Black Duck, and many Mallards.

Could be seen from viewing stand at Kerr Park with scope, or near middle
intersection of main three cells if enter via Lagoon Lane.  You do not need a
permit to enter the Lagoons on foot.  The Lagoon Lane gate is left open for
Sewage Truck access only...please don't drive through and don't park too close
to the gate as some of the trucks need to make a wide turn.

directions:

>From Toronto take Hwy. 400 north to Hwy. 11 north.  Take southern exit into
>Bracebridge from Hwy. 11 at Hwy. 118. Turn left onto Hwy. 118W.  Turn left
>onto Lagoon Lane by Seasons in the Country.  (or can go to Kerr Park and enter
>lagoons from there - see google maps)

Barbara Taylor
(Bracebridge)

Muskoka Bird Board: