The Slaty-backed Gull discovered at the North Bay landfill site last Saturday
seems to have at least partly, relocated to the waters of Trout Lake, within
North Bay.
        I saw it about 4:00PM Tuesday at the west end of that lake along with
at least 4 adult Black-backed Gulls, 5 Glaucous Gulls (of all ages), and 75 or
so Herring Gulls. Its legs could not be identified (being under water), and so
it is possible that it could be a similar Lesser-Black-backed Gull.  However,
it seems to be difficult for some out of-towners to gain entry to the landfill
site, and so this closer, easier  location could be more productive,  late in
the afternoon.  There are not many open water lakes about now, after the record
temperatures recently. And thus the few hungry gulls still left in the north
are spending their off-eating hours at such spots as Trout Lake, it seems. The
presumed Slaty-backed does look identical to the one I spotted at the landfill
site. Hopefully it will be there again at further afternoons for at least
awhile. There are several easily accessed locations from which good views of
the gulls may be made.
        Trout Lake is within the westerly edge of North Bay, which in turn,  is
3 1/2 hours due north of Toronto.

Richard Tafel  705 472-7907

Check -    Swiss Referendums  - on my Direct Democracy blog:
   at  -  http://youcancontrolyourgovernment.blogspot.com/

      or check ­   website - <http://www.directdemocracytafel.com>