As Dick Tafel suggested I went to the western end of Trout lake this afternoon
to look for the Slaty-backed Gull. I arrived at 3.20 pm and noticed from the
parking area of Average Joes Restaurant a number of gulls out on Trout lake.
Gulls were landing some distance out on the lake and then moving into a bay. I
decided to move  to a new location on Lakeside Dr. and was able to park across
from a small park ,Armstrong Park. This location provided a view of the gulls
out on the lake and on the beach.
At approx. 3:40 the Slaty-Backed Gull  came in landing out on the lake but
close enough to view it well using a scope. I remained at this location until
4:10 when it began to snow and visibility became compromised.
As  I was there a steady stream of gulls kept coming in. I counted 14 Great
black backed Gulls 9 adults 5 immature , 16 Glaucous 4 adults the remaining of
various ages, 4 Iceland (Kumliens)) 2 adult 2 first cycle and many Herring
Gulls before I left.

>From Hwy 11 take hwy 63 which is Trout Lake Rd and proceed about 3.5 klm to
>Lakeside Rd. On lakeside go about 300 about meters and you will see a park on
>the left and a parking area on the right.
Stephen O’Donnell