Hello birders,

In spite of the weather forecast I was joined by 22 hard birders for
today's (6th annual) OFO trip to the Prince Edward County South Shore IBA.
The weather was actually quite comfortable for most of the morning but the
wind picked up and rain started around noon and was fairly heavy by the
time we ended around 2 pm.

This was the earliest the trip has been run, in part because of the timing
of the Easter weekend, so the species list was a bit lower than average at
"only" 78 species. The highlight was probably two separate Little Gulls
that flew over at the traditional spring staging area around Kaiser
Crossroad. In addition, we observed good numbers of Horned Grebes, a nice
selection of ducks, and a good mix of typical early songbirds, including
four species of swallows.

Special thanks goes to Mark Read who recorded the eBird checklists for the
day. For a complete list of what we saw and where, check them out:

Kaiser Crossroad: https://ebird.org/canada/view/checklist/S54962081
Lake Ontario south of Kaiser:
https://ebird.org/canada/view/checklist/S54962069
Babylon Road: https://ebird.org/canada/view/checklist/S54962059