On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 8:13 AM, Jorge Timón <jti...@jtimon.cc> wrote:

> No, this is very important. The majority has no right to dictate on
> the minority.

While an interesting philosophical question, I don't think that this is
accurate. First off, bitcoin doesn't imbue  any 'rights' on individuals -
it provides the choice of participating or not, nothing more.

Secondly, from a technical perspective, how is it that the majority (or
super-majority) are prevented from imposing their will? The best answer is
that they are incentivized to not override a minority group since that
reduces the inherent value in the system. However, presuming that the
majority calculate that the reward for imposing a change is greater than
the value lost in such disruption, I don't see how there would be any
stopping this change. The longest chain with the greatest number of users
valuing the token on that chain "wins".