On 6/27/2015 at 10:43 AM, "Wladimir J. van der Laan" <laa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It has been disappointing and scary to see political pressure tactics being
> used to change a distributed consensus system.

That's why some people are advocating formalizing the process. Political
pressure will happen anyway, whether somebody likes it or not. It's better to
deal with it in the open.

> They cannot be changed willy-nilly according to needs of some groups, much
> less than lower gravity can be legislated to help the airline industry.

Except the block size is not gravity. It's more like an arbitrary decision to
limit planes' wingspan to the most typical hangar door of 1940.

And now we have a "controversy" that we can't have modern planes out of the
fear they won't fit into some of the old hangars.

And to continue with this nice example, some people are even arguing that "the
demand for flight is, essentially, limitless, so why bother making larger jets
at all?"