Every re-implementation, re-factoring even copy-paste introduces a risk of
disagreement,
but also open the chance of doing the work better, in the sense of software
engineering.

> On Aug 20, 2015, at 10:06, Jorge Timón <jti...@jtimon.cc> wrote:
>

> But the goal is not reimplementing the consensus rules but rather
> extract them from Bitcoin Core so that nobody needs to re-implement
> them again.

My goal is different. Compatibility with Bitcoin is important as I also want to
deal with Bitcoins,
but it is also imperative to be able to create and serve other block chains
with other rules and for those
I do not want to carry on the legacy of an antique tool set and a spaghetti
style.

Bits of Proof uses scala (akka networking), java (api service), c++ (leveledb
and now libconsensus)
and I am eager to integrate secp256k1 (c) as soon as part of consensus. The
choices were
made because each piece appears best in what they do.

Tamas Blummer