On Sat, Dec 19, 2015 at 03:17:03AM +0800, Chun Wang via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> In many BIPs we have seen, include the latest BIP202, it is the block
> time that determine the max block size. From from pool's point of
> view, it cannot issue a job with a fixed ntime due to the existence of
> ntime roll. It is hard to issue a job with the max block size unknown.
> For developers, it is also easier to implement if max block size is a
> function of block height instead of time. Block height is also much
> more simple and elegant than time.

If size is calculated from the median time past, which is fixed for a
given block and has no dependency on the block header's nTime field,
does that solve your problem?

By "median time past" I mean the median time for the previous block.

--
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
00000000000000000188b6321da7feae60d74c7b0becbdab3b1a0bd57f10947d