True however in principle a soft-fork can also be soft-forked out. Eg say a
publicly known soft-fork done by miners only that user node software did
not upgrade for first by opt-in adoption. If there was consensus against by
users and ecosystem a node/user flag day soft fork could block it's
effects. Or if a soft fork was determined to have a major bug.

However most types of soft fork are opt-in and so mostly that situation
seems unlikely.  A censorship soft-fork is harder, that's a standard
hard-fork to bypass with current fungibility mechanisms.

Adam