Good Morning Matt,

> ### ZmnSCPxj,
>
> I'm intrigued by this mechanism of using fixed R values to prevent multiple
> signatures, but how do we derive the R values in a way where they are
unique for each blockheight but still can be used to create signatures or
verify?

One possibility is to derive `R` using standard hierarchical derivation.
Then require that the staking pubkey be revealed to the sidechain network as
actually being `staking_pubkey = P + hash(P || parent_R) * G` (possibly with
some trivial protection against Taproot).
To sign for a blockheight `h`, you must use your public key `P` and the
specific `R` we get from hierarchical derivation from `parent_R` and the
blockheight as index.

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj