I have shared response by Jeremy and ZmnSCPxj in an answer to
https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/105860/what-are-we-trying-to-predict-in-fee-estimation-and-why

Also find the recent CVE related to RBF by Antoine Riard and implementation of
RBF in Bitcoin Core compared to btcd interesting. Even though I am not sure why
inherited signalling is not implemented in Bitcoin Core.
RBF, CPFP and their combinations are something that is less explored IMO. For
example: I had discussed one usecase of CPFP with Harding in IRC once in which
a project uses maker-taker model. Maker broadcasts transaction with 1 sat/vByte
and taker has to confirm this transaction by creating a child transaction with
an effective fee rate according to mempool stats. Basically, the idea of
receiver paying for the transaction instead of sender. But it will involve lot
of exception handling.
--
Prayank