On Sat, Jul 03, 2021 at 09:31:57AM -0700, Jeremy via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> Note that with *just* CheckSigFromStack, while you can do some very
> valuable use cases, but without OP_CAT it does not enable sophisticated
> covenants

Do you have concerns about sophisticated covenants, and if so, would you
mind describing them?  Your BIP119 CTV also mentions[1] being designed
to avoid sophisticated covenants.  If this is some sort of design
principle, I'd like to understand the logic behind it.

I'm a fan of CSFS, even mentioning it on zndtoshi's recent survey[2],
but it seems artificially limited without OP_CAT.  (I also stand by my
answer on that survey of believing there's a deep lack of developer
interest in CSFS at the moment.  But, if you'd like to tilt at that
windmill, I won't stop you.)

-Dave

[1]
https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0119.mediawiki#design-tradeoffs-and-risks