> Why do you care what they think? Why does it matter if they misunderstand?

I care about improving soft fork activation mechanism and shared one of the
advantages that helps avoid misleading things. It matters because they are
participants in this process.

> If the people aren't imaginary, then its their importance that's imaginary.

Neither the people nor their importance is imaginary. They are a part of
Bitcoin and as important as our opinion about soft forks on this mailing list.

> This isn't even sufficient evidence that they don't understand.

One example of an exchange: https://i.postimg.cc/zv4M6MSp/2KM5tcE.png

One example of a user:
https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/97043/is-there-an-active-list-of-bips-currently-open-for-voting/

3 examples for each (user, mining pool and exchange) are enough to discuss a
problem or list advantages of BIP 8/LOT=TRUE. I can create an archive with more
if it helps during next soft fork.

> You haven't convinced me this is a significant problem. What are the concrete
> downsides? Why do you think this can't be fixed by simple persistent
> explaining?

I am not trying to convince you and we can have different opinions.

Downsides:

- Signaling period is a waste of time if mining pools that agreed on a soft
fork earlier do politics or influenced by councils such as BMC or governments
during signaling

- It is considered as voting not just by people outside Bitcoin but the
participants itself

- It gives miners an edge over economic nodes that enforce consensus rules
Simple persistent explaining has not helped in last few years. I don't see
anything wrong in listing this as one of the advantages for BIP8/LOT=TRUE.

pushd
---
parallel lines meet at infinity?