Just a correction to my previous mail. Sorry for the non-attribution, i didn't
recall APO covenants had been discussed in the context of CTV.

> > a write-up that explains how APO-AS w/out ANYONECANPAY approximates CTV?
>
> I'm not aware of any specific to CTV. It's just that the fields covered in
> the CTV hash are very close to what

The comparison was already done by Anthony Towns.
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2019-June/017036.html

Jeremy Rubin already pointed out that it missed committing to the nSequences
hash and number of inputs (and optionally scriptSigs).
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2019-June/017038.html