Jonas, all,:

So I do want to ask a couple further clarifying questions on this point, but I
got rather majorly sidetracked :)
I wonder can you (and other list readers!) take a look at my attempt here to
summarize what is described in Footnote 2 of the draft BIP (as it's related to
this discussion and also .. it's pretty interesting generally!):

https://gist.github.com/AdamISZ/ca974ed67889cedc738c4a1f65ff620b

(btw github gists have equation rendering now which is nice!)

Thanks,
waxwing/AdamISZ

Sent with ProtonMail secure email.