Let's assume fees don't compensate low block reward.
And for example every 10 BTC holding needs to be secured by one Antminer S19
running.

In an ideal world every large bitcoin holder will run proper amount of ASICs
and run it at loss.
The holders of less than 10 BTC - will organize "group pays", this time for
sharing loss (electricity costs)
(exactly the same way like people made "group buys" of ASIC hardware in 2013)

Pretty sure in real world it won't work. And there is a large payoff for
betrayal, or more precise:
People will think there is tiny punishment for betrayal.

Even Bitcoin can't beat a human nature.

Regards
Jaroslaw

W dniu 2022-07-26 19:06:12 użytkownik Erik Aronesty <e...@q32.com> napisał:
> I'm pretty sure we will have a textbook case of Prisoner's Dilemma here.

no, there is no large payoff for betrayal