Hello,

I am writing to you today because I am concerned about a significant bug that
seems to be overlooked in recent versions of the software. The bug in question
concerns the "inscriptions" developed by @rodarmor, and it worries me because,
in just a few months, they have already reached a size of 11.8GB on the
blockchain, causing issues with the UTXO set, which appears to be growing by
about 25MB per day.

I understand that there may be discussions about the nature of these
inscriptions, but personally, I find it hard not to consider them as spam.
Their recurring nature and their impact on the size of the UTXO set and the
blockchain itself seem concerning, and I would like to understand why this
problem has not been addressed more seriously.

I would also like to point out that there are options in Bitcoin Core to choose
the mempool policy, such as datacarrier or permitbaremultisig. However, when it
comes to inscriptions, there are no available options except for a patch
produced by Luke Dashjr. Unfortunately, this patch is unusable for most people
as it requires compiling Bitcoin Core.

So, I wonder why there are no options to reject inscriptions in the mempool of
a node. Such a feature could give users the ability to customize their approach
in managing these particular cases and help mitigate the negative impact of
inscriptions on the network.

In addition to the technical issues, I also find that this situation raises
ethical questions. Inscriptions are primarily used to sell NFTs or Tokens,
concepts that the Bitcoin community has consistently rejected.

Therefore, I kindly request you, as Bitcoin developers, to take this concern
into consideration and seriously consider implementing a feature that would
allow users to reject inscriptions in the mempool. Such a measure would
contribute to protecting the integrity of the network.

Thank you sincerely for your attention to this matter.

Léo.