On Sat, Oct 21, 2023 at 01:08:03AM -0400, Ethan Heilman via bitcoin-dev wrote:
> We've posted a draft BIP to propose enabling OP_CAT as Tapscript opcode.
> https://github.com/EthanHeilman/op_cat_draft/blob/main/cat.mediawiki

If you're interested in making this available via inquisition, here's
a set of 3 patches that should allow it to be messed with on regtest:

  https://github.com/ajtowns/bitcoin/commits/202310-inq25-cat

Tests need updating and adding, however.

You might wish to compare with similar commits from the APO/CTV PRs at

  https://github.com/bitcoin-inquisition/bitcoin/pull/33
  https://github.com/bitcoin-inquisition/bitcoin/pull/34

It may be worth adding support for CSFS as well, if experimenting with
that is desirable, rather than having them as separate script-verify
flags and deployments.

> [1]: R. Pike and B. Kernighan, "Program design in the UNIX
> environment", 1983,
> https://harmful.cat-v.org/cat-v/unix_prog_design.pdf

"harmful cat", you say?

Cheers,