>> Does this mean dispute mediation (2-of-3) will not be supported?

Not with this PULL-- I think wallet security and backup is a critical
feature, so that is what this is for.

> I thought the plan was also to allow CHECKMULTISIG for smallish numbers of
> keys.

groffer pointed out that might cause problems when transaction volume
ramps up, because each CHECKMULTISIG counts as 20 sigops, and there is
a limit to the number of sigops you can put into a block. And since it
isn't needed for wallet security and backup I dropped it.

Accepting this does not preclude adding more 'standard' transaction
types in the future.

Gavin Andresen