Thanks for starting the discussion on finding a better structure.

For me, the most important thing is either we're 100% interoperable or
0%. There should not be anything inbetween, as users will delete seeds
without knowing there is still money in them on another implementation.
I heard from multiple sources that using this standard some wallets will
only see a subset of the addresses/keys of some other wallets.
Implementation differences can always happen (and should addresses as
bugs), but I think its unacceptable that this source of issues is by design.

I suggest we agree on an even simpler least common denominator and
wallets that want to implement some feature on top of that can do but
are encouraged to pick a totally different "cointype". I guess that
would mean removing reserved and account.

I'm still thinking it might be a good idea to have a separate chain for
"refunds". Refunds will be rarely used and thus need a much slower
moving window than receiving addresses or change.