Armory does exactly this: it defines the "Fragment ID" as the first few
bytes of the hash of the root pubKey + M-parameter, converted to
base58.  Then it explains to the user "All fragments with the same
fragment ID are compatible" (which only works if you use deterministic
coefficients).  Each fragment is then labeled with "[FragID]-#1",
"[FragID]-#2", etc.  It became quite useful for organizing the fragments
and documenting how I was distributing them, especially if I had printed
or saved the same fragment twice by accident.