> My view on this is mainly about the UX and the fact everyone in
> Bitcoinland has a wallet.

Well, yes, but we also have browsers too :)

I don't want to suggest the problem is unimportant - I'd love it if the
world could move beyond passwords. But I have many scars from my time in
the Google account swamps. We had a big team, lots of resources and even
just getting people to use their phone as a second factor - *the simplest
second factor possible* - was a huge uphill battle that most users just
didn't care about. People like passwords. If you can find a way to make
something that's better than a password but just as convenient, fantastic!
But I don't think Bitcoin addresses are such a thing.