Related:  Current multi-sig wallet technology being rolled out now,
with 2FA and other fancy doodads, is now arguably more secure than my
PGP keyring.  My PGP keyring is, to draw an analogy, a non-multisig
wallet (set of keys), with all the associated theft/data
destruction/backup risks.

The more improvements I see in bitcoin wallets, the more antiquated my
PGP keyring appears.  Zero concept of multisig.  The PGP keyring
compromise process is rarely exercised.  2FA is lacking.  At least
offline signing works well. Mostly.

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 5:02 PM, Gregory Maxwell <gmaxw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 1:30 PM, Mark Friedenbach <m...@monetize.io> wrote:
>> Honest question: what would signed commits do to help us here anyway?
>> What's the problem being solved?
>>
>> Unfortunately git places signatures in the history itself, so it's not
>> like we could use easily use signatures to indicate acceptance after
>> code review, like we could if we were using monotone for example. Git
>> just wasn't designed for a commit-signing workflow.
>
> Just makes it easier to sort out things like your git account (or the
> git site) being compromised and used to submit commits.

Jeff Garzik
Bitcoin core developer and open source evangelist
BitPay, Inc.      https://bitpay.com/