On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 8:40 AM, Andreas Schildbach
<andr...@schildbach.de> wrote:
> I maybe have made this suggestion in the past, but why don't we teach
> the seeder (or maybe even plain bitcoind) how to write a zone file and
> then use matured DNS servers to serve this zone?
>
> I admit I never ran my own DNS so I'm not sure if that can work -- but
> to me it sounds like the easiest approach plus everyone can just use
> stock server software.

We'd used an approach like that previously and I believe it produced
fairly bad load imbalances, especially since some resolvers only pass
on a single result. And that was before there was a wide deployment of
broken client software that trusted the dnsseeds exclusively.