On Fri, Jun 06, 2014 at 09:58:19AM -0700, Gregory Maxwell wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Peter Todd <p...@petertodd.org> wrote:
> > transactions against. Where they differ is that bloom filters has O(n)
> > scaling, where n is the size of a block, and prefix filters have O(log n)
> > scaling with slightly(1) higher k. Again, if you *don't* use brute forcing
> > in conjunction with prefixes they have no different transactional graph
> > privacy than bloom filters,
>
> Huh? How are you thinking that something that gets put in transactions
> and burned forever into the blockchain that lets you (statically) link
> txout ownership is "no different" from something which is shared
> directly with a couple peers, potentially peers you trust and which
> are run by yourself or your organization?

Again, you *don't* have to use brute-force prefix selection. You can
just as easily give your peer multiple prefixes, each of which
corresponds at least one address in your wallet with some false positive
rate. I explained all this in detail in my original blockchain data
privacy writeup months ago.

--
'peter'[:-1]@petertodd.org
000000000000000029d945c3832c7f4afabce11e6cb1c27b6f5e8c0f2bbb356c