On Tuesday 10 July 2007 2:49 pm, Justin Sweeney wrote:
> In a court of law I must answer...yes.
> I am the 'inventor' of the concept.

Ok, so instead of hiding behind a pretty shoddy grassroots marketing attempt
("hey man I just found a cool device"), why not come out and state clearly
that you're affiliated with these people, that you think it's the cat's ass,
that you're local and you have the ear of the developers?  Do you not think
that all of those points are important enough to mention?

Honestly, there's enough of a precedent set on these lists which show it's
just good manners to state when you've got a stake in what you're calling
attention to.  You yourself have been on these lists for AT LEAST a year, and
should know better.

How many people make product or service recommendations here and disclaim it
right away?  How many people have you seen plug services and CLEARLY state "I
don't work for 'em, I am just a satisfied customer" or "full disclosure: I
work for this company" ?

Why hide?  If it's yours, or you've got a stake in it, why aren't you standing
proud?  I mean shit man, if you've got $thousands dumped into the concept
that's a pretty strong indicator of how you feel.

While I can't speak for others on the list, I know that whenever I feel
deceived I make it a point to not only steer clear of the company providing
the product or service, but also to make sure that EVERYONE knows about WHY
I'm avoiding them.

-A.