Ok Gentlemen and Ladies:
(there's gotta be a couple of ladies around)

A local company has what appears to be a cool little device:
http://www.neware.ca/ is the source. One of their products is called "WiPOT".

They also have a WiPOT Control Server. Seems that the Control Server is based on open standards SIP based platform.

American organizations are actively marketing products and funded by deep pocket venture capitalists... leaving us Canadians to pursue world domination independently. Since Neware is a local company based right here in Toronto in our backyard, actively being involved in the Telephony based products and/or services -- I think it deserves attention.

Cost of these products is always a consideration in the extremely conservative & shy Canadian market place, and though the cost factor is ultimately the decisive factor with most organizations in Canada before purchasing a product -- I'd like to hear more about this product & its capabilities... specially if it harness Asterisk and/or open based SIP servers.

I think us Asterisk consultants should be aware of Canadian organizations actively involved in the manufacture of voip & telephony products -- to enrich ourselves with the knowledge on a variety of voip/telecom/telephony products. Eventually there may come a need, that one of our clients has a specific need that can be complimented with the WiPOT. So from the technical perspective, I have no choice but to keep an open mind about the potential of this product.

Has anyone used this product and are there similar products out there? Sangoma is a good example of a successful Canadian based organization with telephony / VoIP based products. Additionally are there more Canadian based telephony & VoIP organizations such as Neware who are actively involved in the manufacturing of VOIP & Telephony devices?

Cheers!
Reza.