Thanks everyone for your comments and input...on and off list. Much appreciated!

From: TianLun Song [stl...@gmail.com]
Sent: March 30, 2009 11:13 PM
To: Shidan
Cc: Bill Sandiford; Douglas Pickett; biz@taug.ca
Subject: Re: [biz] Good DSL service to recommend

For every DSL service provider, the service range is based on the footprint
of the DSLAM and the loop distance from the DSLAM to customers' modems.

the longer the loop is, the weaker the signal is and the less bandwidth the
modem receives from the dslam.

Allstream's DSL standard is the loop length has to be within 18000 feet and
the minimum SNR margin is 6 db