I think Stephan has got it about right, however he may want to look a
product offering for new Asterisk (TAUG) members who basically want to
experiment with VoIP lines.
Although $50 is not a lot of money a six month introductory rate ($25) for
new customers may bring in some new clients that can be developed as they
grow.
As for myself I have found Unlimitel to have constantly improved their QOS
over the years and quite frankly would not consider any other carrier
unless
I had to. I would also like to mention a problem I had a couple of months
ago when one of my client's servers got hacked ( It was my fault for leaving
the door open). The hacker
made about 12 calls to North Korea early one morning. Within an hour,
someone from Unlimitel called me to ask if this was "real", at which time I
said "NO" and cut the calls and fix the
security hole. Although I had to pay for these calls ($200) if I had been on
a post payed business model I could have racked up thousands of dollars of
calls without knowing.
I am not a large user of VoIP services but I have to have the peace of mind
that comes with knowing that my clients can be sure that their lines are the
highest quality and are not going to disconnected
because the VoIP supplier goes out of business. It is in everyone's interest
to have a strong a viable carrier.
PS I shall be giving Unlimitel a back-up credit card (just in case)