Dont let me put  you off Moe....

I have been using voip/asterisk now for about 6 years and has been a real
learning experience.
Key is to educate yourself first and understand what it can and cannot do.
Does not nec. suit everyone.

I have had system hacked myself years ago but again totally my own fault.
Live and learn.

Our saving grace was that the low low rates on long distance meant the bill
amounted to next to nothing just a pain in the ass.

Note not all systems have to be exposed to the internet anyway..

I have also had help installing system since then from people who really
understand what security is!

New, more complete mature versions, cheaper bandwidth asterisk  is not going
to go away and can provide more flexibility and cost savings (given the
right environment) than you could poss imagine.

We connect multiple countries and offices for the cost of bandwidth (not
always cheaper here understand) and slashed our long distance rates by 3/4
plus data-based info etc etc.

--
The information contained in e-mail transmissions and any files transmitted
with it are confidential and intended only for the person or entity to whom

If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately
by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and please delete the
material from any computer that may have it and contact the original sender.