One of the best things that help with flies is regular shipments of fly predators. You get regular shipments once a month all during fly season, and you just sprinkle them on fresh manure around barns and corrals. The predators are very tiny, and eat only fly larvae, if you use these every year, the fly population keeps getting less and less. http://www.spalding-labs.com/home.php I had the worst fly problem at my place here last year (E WA). Flies were so abundant even by the house that the house filled with flies, and they would fly up your nose and at your face every time you went outside. HUndreds of flies were sitting on the walls of the house and garage, you couldn't even sit outside. I didn't even have sheep then! Just one horse and dogs, and the neighbors had cattle. Years a go I used fly predators at another place (NW WA) and it helped a lot, and I didn't have the fly problem that this place had. This year, I used fly predators all summer, and I'd say my fly problem was reduced by 98%. I never have but an occasional fly in the house, the horse is pretty comfortable, (no weepy eyes or scabby chest and belly) the sheep have been very comfortable. (Just before the first shipment, there was a huge fly outbreak here with a heat wave, and flies were terrorizing the sheeps' eyes and noses. ) I can't believe how well it worked. No stink traps, no sticky fly strips (really nasty in 100 degree heat) and no chemical sprays. I put a spot-on fly repellent on the horse, because he is out by where the neighbors cattle stand by his fence, and there are those stubborn cow flies out there, but even the neighbors cattle are enjoying the huge reduced number of flies this summer. They were covered in flies last summer.